- Mastercard Prize Draw Terms and Conditions - September 2020
Mastercard Prize Draw Terms and Conditions - September 2020
1. The promoter of this prize draw is R&A Championships Limited, a company incorporated in Scotland under company number SC247047 and having its registered office at Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA ("The R&A").
2. The Mastercard prize draw is open to all residents of Great Britain aged 18 years or over, except employees of The R&A, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
3. Upon making any purchase over £100 in value on shop.theopen.com using your Mastercard, you will be automatically entered into the prize draw. The online purchase must be completed at any time between 00.01am (BST) on Tuesday 1 September 2020 and 11.59pm (BST) on Wednesday 30 September 2020 to qualify for automatic entry into the prize draw (a "Qualifying Purchase").
4. There is a limit of one entry to the prize draw per person. If you make more than one Qualifying Purchase, only the first Qualifying Purchase will be considered valid for entry into the prize draw.
5. The R&A accepts no responsibility for any purchases which are not completed for any reason, including technical interruption, fault or site failure. Incomplete purchases will not be considered a valid entry into the prize draw.
6. One winner and two runners up will be chosen by random draw supervised by an independent person on 1 October 2020 ("Draw Date").
7. The following prizes will be drawn:
- One spot for the winner and three guests (all aged 18 years or over on 13 May 2021) (the "Guests") to play in the official Patron’s Day for the 149th Open at Royal St George’s on 13 May 2021.
- Accommodation for two nights (two twin rooms on 12 May 2021 and 13 May 2021) for the winner and the Guests.
Each Runner Up:
- Two one-day ground pass tickets for The 149th Open at Royal St George’s in 2021.
8. The winner and runners up will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided when the Qualifying Purchase was made) on or within 7 days of the Draw Date. If a winner does not respond to The R&A within 14 days of being notified by The R&A, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and The R&A will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
9. The prizes for the winner and runners up are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
10. The decision of The R&A regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. By making a Qualifying Purchase, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. The R&A reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
12. The R&A reserves the right to replace any prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond The R&A's control makes it necessary to do so.
13. The R&A reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so. The R&A reserves the right to withdraw any prize if it has reason to believe that any winner has breached these terms and conditions.
14. The R&A makes no representation or warranty regarding the quality of the competition prizes and any conditions, warranties, or other terms implied by statute or common law are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15. Insofar as is permitted by law, The R&A, its group companies, its agents or distributors, or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw, will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by a breach of statutory duty of The R&A, its group companies, its agents or distributors, or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw, or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
17. The R&A may make available the winners’ surname and/or county to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months after the Draw Date.
18. This prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of Scotland and any and all questions or disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
19. Competition entrants may be contacted by third parties such as marketing services suppliers who may have been provided personal information by R&A.